More about AC Service
Why is AC service required?
An air conditioner collects dust and debris during operation which prevents it from cooling properly. Whether you have a window AC or split AC, itâ€™s important to get your AC serviced to ensure a trouble-free performance. Apart from efficiency and performance, AC service also helps you ensure there are no problems inside your AC and that every part of the AC is functioning in an appropriate manner. Missing AC services can cause several problems inside an AC like water leakage from AC, AC not cooling, AC making noise etc. These problems can be prevented by regular AC service and maintenance.
What is included in AC service?
- Air filter and fin cleaning:Â An air filter collects humongous amount of dust and dirt during operations. Dirty air filters in AC cause problems like ice formation in AC, AC not cooling etc. During AC service, the PRO washes and cleans air filter. The condenser fins are also rinsed and cleaned for any molds and dust build up during AC service.
- AC condenser and evaporator coil cleaning:Â Dust and dirt are core enemies of your air conditioning or AC system as they cause overheating of the system. During AC service, the PRO cleans the dust and debris from the condenser coil and evaporator coil and other key components of the system. In a split AC, the condenser coils are located in the outdoor unit.
- AC condenser and evaporator fan cleaning:Â During AC service PRO cleans the dust and molds from the condenser and evaporator fan blades. In a split AC the condenser fan is located in the outdoor unit.
- Drain cleaning:Â The PRO checks if water is dripping or pooling anywhere in the unit during AC service. He also checks if there is any leakage from the pipes and tubes inside the AC unit. While performing AC service, PRO clean the drain and removes the dirt and debris to prevent the problem of water leakage from AC unit.
- Coolant level check in air conditioner:Â Â During AC service the PRO checks if the coolant level is just right in the cooling or evaporator coils. When the level of coolant (Freon) is less than the required amount, the temperature of cooling coil drops much below the normal and your AC stops cooling.
- Overall inspection of the AC unit:Â PRO performs the inspection of key components of unit like compressor, fan motor, evaporator unit, condenser unit, thermostat etc. during AC service to check for any fault. If any fault is found in the components during AC service then PRO suggests a repair or replacement as required.
Please note that any warranty on service, repair or parts is provided by the PRO assigned to the case. Mr Right, being an aggregator does not provide any warranty on the service/repair/parts. However we definitely synchronize with customer and PRO in case of repeat problem and strive to solve the issue. Customer is suggested to talk with the PRO about the warranty on parts and service before the job starts to avoid any future disputes.